Every Internet Marketer Should Read This!
Mary Meeker is an analyst who puts together a “state of the union” address each year about the whole Internet. She always has incredibly insightful things to say, and the information she provides often gives a heads up about opportunities that we can take advantage of before they go mainstream. I make sure I spend quality time with it every single year.
Here are some take aways from this year
- Facebook is the ONLY social media site used LESS in 2012 than in 2011
- Smartphone users use their phones 150x per day
- For total media consumption, print and radio are down to 20%, Mobile and Internet are up to 38% while TV remains flat at 42%
- The bigger issue for media consumption is THIS though! – Even though Mobile and Internet make up 38% of the time spent consuming media, only 25% of the ad spend goes here. AND the time spent here is going up…unlike TV which is flat at 42% and ad spend is flat at 43%. Bottom line, we are THE GROWTH AREA OF THE WHOLE DARN UNIVERSE
- Snapchat growth shows that “disappearing content” is huge
- We are likely entering a new stage of computing , moving from mobile to wearable…very interesting
- DropCam – The new “Youtube” and skype?
You really just need to spend a few minutes going through this. Grab it here.